Data Centre Engineers
|Location:||We are currently resourcing for Data Centre Engineers on a contract and permanent basis across most of the United Kingdom working on some of the most advanced and powerful data centres in the world.|
|Industry||Data centre specialists|
We are currently resourcing for Data Centre Engineers on a contract and permanent basis to work with some of the best-known data centre companies along with their leading IT support organisations.
Our clients include
Our clients include the best-known data centre companies along with their leading IT support organisations. Our clients require Data Centre Engineers who are fully qualified, accredited where required and who work and present themselves to the highest standards.
We are currently resourcing for Data Centre Engineers on a contract and permanent basis across most of the United Kingdom working on some of the most advanced and powerful data centres in the world.
Our ideal Data Centre Support Engineer will have the experience of the following:
- Decommissioning of redundant equipment and cabling
- Installation of new cabling and cable management within a Data Centre Environment
- Installation of new server racks
- Rack and stack servers and other network hardware
- Minimum of 5 Years working in Voice and Data Cabling environment
- Minimum of 3 Years in a Moves Adds and Changes environment
- Thorough understanding of modern computer network infrastructure
- Thorough understanding and practical experience of fibre and structured cabling including terminating, test equipment, test parameters and test techniques
- Good Knowledge of Rack and Stack of Server Hardware and Rack and Stack Systems
- Good technical knowledge of managing server systems
- Good knowledge of Data Centre Operation and Management Procedures
- Good knowledge of Remedy and Asset Point (Or other Process and Asset Management Tools)
- Good knowledge of Server Patching
- Knowledge of LAN / WAN and Active devices
- Good Knowledge of change control in a Data Centre Environment
Candidate qualifications and attributes
- Ability to use Fluke Hand Held Testers
- Ability to use a light Source and Power Meter
- Excellent reading, writing and spoken English skills
- Will be able to demonstrate good planning and organisational skills; able to establish efficient and appropriate plans for self and others and adapt quickly and effectively to unexpected changes whilst still ensuring objectives are met.
- Will understand and respond to customer needs (internal and external) and exceeds expectations where possible.
- Will work co-operatively with others to achieve a common goal and communicates information in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
- Will be able to analyse information appropriately in order to find best solutions and will take a balanced view to reach logical conclusions to make relevant decisions.
- Will have a strong commitment to results through taking responsibility, demonstrating a positive attitude and ensuring quality is built into work.
- Will present a positive company image.
- Will provide a timely, polite and efficient service.
- Will provide on-call cover on evenings and weekends on a rotational basis.