Network support engineers (CCNA/CCNP/CCIP)
|Job ref:||Cisco-certified engineers|
|Location:||We are actively seeking to resource CCNA/CCNP/CCIP network support engineers across the UK|
|Industry||Data centre specialists|
We are currently seeking Cisco-certified (CCNA, CCNP and CCIP) network support engineers to work on location in a variety of organisations, for clients within the computer, telecoms and communications industries, around the United Kingdom and mainland Europe.
Our clients include
We work with most leading telecoms, mobile telecoms, telecommunications services organisations and IT/computer services/infrastructure organisations. This especially includes organisations which provide flexible, integrated communications services, encompassing IP and mobile telephony, converged networks, unified communications, contact centres and document solutions. Our clients expect that CCNA, CCNP and CCIP network support engineers working on their premises will observe their code of conduct at all times – including their respect code. Our clients’ offices are often not accessible from public transport.
We are actively seeking to resource CCNA/CCNP/CCIP network support engineers across the UK, including within Aberdeen, Bangor, Bath, Birmingham, Bradford, Brighton and Hove, Bristol, Cambridge, Canterbury, Cardiff, Carlisle, Chester, Chichester, Coventry, Derby, Durham, Edinburgh, Exeter, Glasgow, Gloucester, Hereford, Kingston upon Hull, Lancaster, Leeds, Leicester, Lichfield, Lincoln, Liverpool, City of London, Manchester, Newcastle upon Tyne, Norwich, Oxford, Peterborough, Plymouth, Portsmouth, Preston, Ripon, Salford, Salisbury, Sheffield, Southampton, St Albans, Stoke-on-Trent, Sunderland, Swansea, Truro, Wakefield, Wells, Westminster, Winchester, Wolverhampton, Worcester and York. We also have positions available across Europe, including France, Germany and the Netherlands.
We expect all candidates for network support engineer jobs/roles to be hardworking, self-motivated and have good communications skills (both written and spoken). We especially value network support engineers who are:
- flexible in their approach.
- proactive about solving issues.
- able to work with others easily.
- calm under pressure.
- competent at mathematics and English.
- able to prioritise actions logically.
Qualifications and experience
It is essential that all network support engineers have experience in a customer-facing role, are able to work professionally and respond to customers’ needs promptly and with respect. Other required qualifications and experience include:
- a minimum of five years’ network infrastructure experience – essential.
- Cisco certification: CCNA, CCNP, CCSP, CCIP, CCIE – essential.
- experience of Cisco firewalls (ASA/PIX) – essential.
- experience in a 24/7 NOC (network operations centre) – desirable.
- second-line support experience – preferable.
- knowledge of LAN protocols and BGP and EGRIP routing – essential.
- four GCSEs including English and mathematics – essential.
- a degree in computer science or related field – desirable.
- project management skills – desirable.
Network support engineer roles receive competitive day rates, excluding allowable expenses, though salaries vary from role to role and location to location.
Network support work varies from contract to contract and customer to customer, but typically includes:
- second-line support.
- network design, configuration and installation.
- developing plans to accommodate network growth.
- analysis of data traffic patterns and making recommendations for performance-improvement.
- configuring routers, switches and firewalls to implement and monitor high levels of network security.
- providing status reports to management.
- creating and maintaining documentation of network and security infrastructure.
- resolving network problems as they arise, prioritising issues according to their severity and impact.
- level 2 and level 3 problem resolution.
- experience of leading servers including Windows Server and Linux servers.
- experience of configuring applications for network use.
- ensuring compliance levels as determined by corporate network and security policies.
References and qualifications
Bauhaus operates a strict policy which requires that all network support candidates provide:
- a minimum of two work references (from an employer or organisation; not from an agency).
- copies of all certifications and relevant qualifications.
- an up-to-date CV.
All references, certifications and qualifications – without exception – will be vetted before any offer of work is made.