EPoS support engineer
Our clients include the best known retail, hospitality and leisure companies along with their leading IT / EPoS support organisations. Our clients require EPoS Support Engineers who are fully qualified, accredited where required and who work and present themselves to the highest standards.
Today's innovative Electronic Point of Sale Systems (EPoS) enable staff to serve customers better and sell more at the same time as enabling retailers to effectively manage their stock control so they can order the right products in the right quantity at the right time, saving money on surplus stock.
Of course, modern EPoS systems do not stop there and many sophisticated systems used by leading companies help them to track customer-spending habits and manage targeted promotions, run loyalty schemes and build valuable customer databases.
Our ideal EPoS Support Engineer will have the experience of the following:
- Installation, testing and configuration of all parts of EPoS systems, including structured cabling, IT hardware and networking equipment, tills, self-service checkouts, printers, scanners, handheld terminals and chip and pin machines according to client company standards and procedures.
- Carrying out fault diagnosis, repair and maintenance work of front and back office EPOS equipment, mainly IT hardware, Networking as well as the till systems themselves.
- Planned and regular maintenance of all on-site equipment.
- Providing the site with any additional information or training.
- Advising users on basic operation of equipment.
- Carrying out on-site programme upgrades.
- Carrying out data copies if required to preserve critical data.